2058: Sim #26
CAI RF Henry Heffner hits 3 HRs, breaks up LF Frank Barlow's bid for the Triple Crown

playoffs start Sun(?)
placeholder for sim discussion
Just edged out Stockholm for the 2 overall pick. I'm sure my guys were playing they're hardest cuz they dodnt want to be 2nx worst in the league right?
1997-2027 Complete Train Wreck!!!
2028,2029, 2037, 2039, 2040 and 2041 Roehm Division Champions
2029, 2037, and 2041 Blizzard League Champions
2029, and 2037 Winners of the Weaver Cup of Ultimate Power!!!
(01-09-2020, 12:07 AM)rastasquad Wrote: Just edged out Stockholm for the 2 overall pick. I'm sure my guys were playing they're hardest cuz they dodnt want to be 2nx worst in the league right?

Yes, this.
Really pleased with "Big" Mike Whelan's performance against Havana (though once again the bullpen coughed it up). All three of his starts have been quality starts, and he's getting some good strikeouts too, but nothing overpowering. 6.2 IP, 8 H, 1 ER, 3 BB, 7 K. Bit of luck with BABIP, though - little concerned with that.

Disappointed by Kelleher's two starts this week (especially his first...1 IP, 9 H, 6 ER, 0 BB, O K), he's going to be long relief eventually as he's performed better in that role. Trent Russell had a decent performance against the Orcas in his win, managing a quality start. Same with Devinamira in his start against Havana. Was hoping the same for Cahill but he hasn't recaptured his strong early season performance.

Winning 4 of our last 7 (and could have been 5 of 7) really shows that the younger guys still cared and wanted to prove themselves, which is all I asked for. I also have some good info on long-term plans with the rotation, which helps.

Looking forward to the playoffs!
[Image: 0GzHqpg.jpg]
Rio de Janeiro Capybaras
Working on getting back to winning!
Bummer that Barlow came up short for the triple crown.  MVP for sure!

Team played well this year, just not enough to catch the lobsters.  Maybe next year.

Looking forward to the ping pong balls! First time doing this so hopefully they bounce the right way for us and we slide up and snag a nice vet to add to the squad for next season.
Yeah, that sucks for Barlow.  I’m hoping Fernandez can snag another CY but Bigelow and Washburn both have strong cases.
Ryno, Executor of the Zealots, Draft Czar.
Barnes Division Champs - 2055, 2056, 2057
Francisco Matthei - 2054 ROY, 2056 CY.  Paul Blaisedell - 2056 MVP
Jose Fernandez - 2057 CY.  Mookie Betts - 2057 MVP

"For Aiur"
Forgot to mention it, but congratulations to Edmonton’s Hanley Ramirez who eclipsed the 500 HR mark with a couple of knocks on the last sim of the season.  Also congratulations to Vancouver’s Matt Harvey and Calabria’s Wayne Bigelow and Tim Lincecum who all surpassed 250 career wins this season.  Those are some pretty big milestones.
Ryno, Executor of the Zealots, Draft Czar.
Barnes Division Champs - 2055, 2056, 2057
Francisco Matthei - 2054 ROY, 2056 CY.  Paul Blaisedell - 2056 MVP
Jose Fernandez - 2057 CY.  Mookie Betts - 2057 MVP

"For Aiur"
(01-13-2020, 05:00 PM)Executor_Ryno Wrote: Forgot to mention it, but congratulations to Edmonton’s Hanley Ramirez who eclipsed the 500 HR mark with a couple of knocks on the last sim of the season.

I just noticed that going over my team stats earlier today.  With that 501 comes 1011 RBIs so far, and 646 SBs.  He should reach 700 bags next season if he doesn't retire.  Can't complain about a .285 career batting average either in this league.  Also of interest, first baseman Yong Park passed 300 HRs and 800 RBIs this year too.  When those guys go, so will the long ball in the Sea Dome.  In pitching news, Earl Barnes will end his career 22 Ks short of 2000.  Not a bad K:BB ratio either, at 9:2.

-J.J.
Orcas GM
Weaver Champions: 2033

Roehm Division Champions: 2017
Roehm Division Champions: 2016