Astros & Red Sox
With both the Astros and Red Sox having been caught cheating and their managers fired...what do you guys think? Even though taking away championships is a formality more than anything, still feel like they should have done that. 

Feel really bad for the Dodgers right now.
[Image: 0GzHqpg.jpg]
Rio de Janeiro Capybaras
Working on getting back to winning!
It’s embarrassing as a Sox fan.
(01-15-2020, 09:14 AM)jtm0003 Wrote: With both the Astros and Red Sox having been caught cheating and their managers fired...what do you guys think? Even though taking away championships is a formality more than anything, still feel like they should have done that. 

The Dodgers are the Yankees of the NL.  Thus I am incapable of feeling sorry for them.  I’d say rather than taking away championships, how about instead adding a pair of asterisks?
Ryno, Executor of the Zealots, Draft Czar.
Barnes Division Champs - 2055, 2056, 2057
Francisco Matthei - 2054 ROY, 2056 CY.  Paul Blaisedell - 2056 MVP
Jose Fernandez - 2057 CY.  Mookie Betts - 2057 MVP

"For Aiur"
(01-15-2020, 09:55 AM)Executor_Ryno Wrote:
(01-15-2020, 09:14 AM)jtm0003 Wrote: With both the Astros and Red Sox having been caught cheating and their managers fired...what do you guys think? Even though taking away championships is a formality more than anything, still feel like they should have done that. 

The Dodgers are the Yankees of the NL.  Thus I am incapable of feeling sorry for them.  I’d say rather than taking away championships, how about instead adding a pair of asterisks?

Kinda like what we did with Bonds/McGwire/Sosa/etc...sounds reasonable.

I do think that as a Braves fan, the whole scouting scandal thing got us slammed hard, with a former exec banned for life from baseball and losing a lot of prospects plus crippling our international signing system for a few years. But it made sense - lose the players you gained by the scheme, lose money immediately as a fine, lose money going forward as deterrence, ban the guy who perpetrated the scheme. But these new ones...honestly, they almost got completely off, in my opinion.
Rio de Janeiro Capybaras
I don’t think asterisks were added to those stats? And I get that stealing signs helps, but the Sox didn’t do shit last year lol

And the astros scheme was more elaborate. Carlos Beltran and the Yankees are next, latest has it he was doing it and was caught during the London series
rangzz, erneh
https://www.theringer.com/mlb/2019/11/1/...sco-giants
pile on the astros, i say. a team celebrated after so many years of tanking?!?
boooooo to all tankers.
(01-15-2020, 10:43 AM)Greg Wrote: I don’t think asterisks were added to those stats? And I get that stealing signs helps, but the Sox didn’t do shit last year lol

And the astros scheme was more elaborate. Carlos Beltran and the Yankees are next, latest has it he was doing it and was caught during the London series

The main problem was that the Sox did it during their championship season. I think I read somewhere that they stopped after that. Mission accomplished?

The Mets have been awful quiet on Beltran since he's their new manager, but they'll probably give him the boot too.

havana Wrote:rangzz, erneh

If the Giants held on to contention for a couple more years I'd think they would have a compelling case for team of the decade. Not that they didn't try, though.
Rio de Janeiro Capybaras
(01-15-2020, 02:29 PM)jtm0003 Wrote:
(01-15-2020, 10:43 AM)Greg Wrote: I don’t think asterisks were added to those stats? And I get that stealing signs helps, but the Sox didn’t do shit last year lol

The main problem was that the Sox did it during their championship season. I think I read somewhere that they stopped after that. Mission accomplished?

The Mets have been awful quiet on Beltran since he's their new manager, but they'll probably give him the boot too.

havana Wrote:rangzz, erneh

If the Giants held on to contention for a couple more years I'd think they would have a compelling case for team of the decade. Not that they didn't try, though.

I didn’t see that they stopped. Cora has definitely put a black eye on baseball. Sucks
Does this mean I have to give up my All-Timer?  Is Betts now tainted forever?
Ryno, Executor of the Zealots, Draft Czar.
Barnes Division Champs - 2055, 2056, 2057
Francisco Matthei - 2054 ROY, 2056 CY.  Paul Blaisedell - 2056 MVP
Jose Fernandez - 2057 CY.  Mookie Betts - 2057 MVP

"For Aiur"